NEED – NEWS LITERACY ON BOARD
KA2 Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices
Nikanor Key Role
The main aim of this project is using an innovative approach (mainly game-based learning) to teach news literacy skills which are needed to judge the reliability and credibility of news/information and equip individuals with skills they need to become engaged and informed participants in civic life.
Game-based learning is flexible, highly adaptable and can be updated very quickly. Playing games enhances the ability to think in a critical way, which boosts the capacity to retain information for a longer time.
The implementation of this project will impact on people’s motivation for self-directed learning through play, using an active learning methodology to help retain newly acquired knowledge in long term. Adult learners will acquire the ability to overcome news disinformation and be able to contribute in promoting democracy and social inclusion.
Main objectives of this Project are:
- Development of innovative game-based learning and assessment methods for adults in news literacy and critical thinking education – creation of educational content and tools: two board games and an online platform;
- Improving the human and educational resources of 4 partners, associated partners and other stakeholders Europewide to actively educate citizens in news literacy and critical thinking by using game-based learning method;
- Promoting project’s results on the local, national and European level.
Additional objectives are:
- Empowering adults with NL&CT (news literacy and critical thinking skills) to foster democracy and social inclusion;
- Increasing the volume of cooperation between adult education providers from different sectors throughout Europe.
- A game-based assessment tool for assessing the actual knowledge and skills level/proficiency of learners on news literacy and critical thinking;
- An educational board game which includes different difficulty levels to teach news literacy in an innovative way to adults;
- An online platform which aggregates news literacy related quality open educational resources (OER which includes MOOCs, videos, books etc.) and makes them available through different access points such as subject, format and language to support game-based learning;
- Strong dissemination of the project’s results Europewide.
Nikanor Ltd, Bulgaria
Ijudska univerza Zalec, Slovenia
Biblioteka grada Beograda, Serbia
Hacettepe Universitesi, Türkiye
Be inspired and make your request: we will guide you in your path to excellence!